Monday 9 January 2012

1, 2, 3, sew!

Hello!


My name is Jo and 2012 is officially the year I am going to learn to sew. 


Why do I want to learn to sew I hear you say? 
Why not be content with working, coming home, watching tv, eating and working, coming home, watching tv and eating?
Wellllll...for that exact reason. I love watching tv and eating and I kinda like working but I certainly need something else to do, especially when he's watching the football. Also, adding a new string to my bow is always a good thing. 


I am not setting myself any goals or targets to meet as that will suck the fun out of this and if I don't meet them, I will give up. Believe me, I am too weak for that. 
Instead I just want to learn different techniques as and when I need to know about them depending on what project I am doing. 


This is the place where I am going to document my successes and (probably many) failures and everything in-between. Hopefully documenting my progress in a blog will inspire me to keep creating and keep productive. 


So, basically I don't even know how to sew in a straight line - I guess that's the first task? Or maybe learning how to thread a sewing machine?...hmmm....wish me luck. 



No comments:

Post a Comment