Tuesday 3 April 2012

Knot it

I have developed a horrible cold/sore throat combo so have been feeling sorry for myself the past few days. I spent the weekend hibernating in bed and could barely find the energy to make myself food...okay, so maybe I am being a tad dramatic but this is all leading somewhere...
Whilst I was bed bound I decided to practise my embroidery skillz by learning a new stitch, the french knot.
Its quite difficult to get the hang of but once you get it, its etched in your brain for good.
I got slightly carried away practising so ended up making this:




Its some kind of colour progression french knot hoop? I dunno what to call it, but it looks pretty sweet!
Im thinking of making a few of these in some nice pastel shades and hanging them on the wall in the embroidery hoop.
Thats another technique ticked off the list!

1 comment: