Tuesday 29 May 2012

A right royal stitch up

This weekend coming, the Queen and the rest of the country will be celebrating her Diamond Jubilee - not that you needed reminding!
Here in London there is bunting everywhere and I am excited to take a walk down The Mall one night this week to see the final preparations taking place. I thought I would share with you the Jubilee inspired stitchings that have caught my eye...

Lovely cross stitch crown by Delilah from What Delilah Did,  you should also check out her other designs, they are really cute!

Picture from What Delilah Did


This adorable spring bird by Catherine from Bumpkin bears & friends



Beautiful cross stitch cushion by the very talented Emma Bridgewater  - I often find myself swooning over her creations

 Picture from The Making Spot

If you fancy making something yourself, book a class at Sew Over It where they will teach you how to embroidery this memorable tea towel
Picture from Sew Over It


And finally, Riverdrift House have created this eye catching Diamond Jubilee Sample Cross Stich kit. This pattern certainly makes me want to give cross stitching a go!  
 Picture from Riverdrift House

I hope you have lots of celebrations planned for the extra extra long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These are all so beautiful! I think the cushion has to be my favorite though!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete