Friday 1 June 2012

A load of hot air

Sometimes, things don't work out the way you imagined them to. This week I have been working on a new design, which when I imagined it in my head, looked like the best design EVER.

I was on the train home last week and I saw a girl wearing a lovely scarf with tiny hot air balloons on it, so I go home and start sketching hot air balloons to fit on a bag. The drawing looks pretty good so I transfer it to a bag and start stitching - first I use a range of different colours which I quickly decide I am crazy for and unpick everything and choose a singular red/pink colour.


After I finished I didn't get that feeling I usually get when I have just finished stitching something. I normally feel excited and like I could take over the world one stitch at a time but this made me feel…flat.


I didn't particularly like it nor dislike it. To be honest, I think it is just quite a dull drawing and needs a lot of improving.



So back to the drawing board I go. You win some, you lose some.

Don't you love the size of this bag though? I think my seascape design would look perfect on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment